Saturday, May 18, 2013

First Real Love

Do we ever forget the one that captured our heart so many years ago? 
The laughter we shared, 
The smiles that lit up your face,
Your mischievous eyes,
The way you held me,
And made me feel that my world was complete,
I welcomed you into my soul,
Alas your Heart was on a different journey than mine,
You went in search of what would make your life complete,
My heart was broken,
And my Soul wandered without me,
Until it found the one that holds it now,
Without me knowing it you took something from me,
It took time before I could give myself completely,
I held back afraid of being hurt again,
A new soul walked with me,
New smiles that lit up my heart,
Eyes that captivated me,
Arms that never wanted to let go,
A heart that bonded with mine,
You showed me how to share my Love,
For thirty six years,
I have been blessed to find a soul mate,
Who wants to share hearts with me,
Six months ago I heard you lost your battle with cancer,
Your soul left this world,
To wander among the stars,
I hope you found what you were searching for,
And your journey here brought you joy,
I Love you for what we shared,
The things you taught me about Love,
And how to share my soul with someone,
Someday when my soul has left this rock,
Maybe our paths may cross,
That moment will light up the cosmos,
As we share our adventures,
Farewell my friend!






No comments: